Old August 4th 03, 04:08 PM
Steve House

Damaging the battery? I was under the impression that pulsating DC usually
works just fine for battery charging and having the battery in the system
would tend to smooth out the voltage passed on to the laptop powersupply -
is that not correct?

"Wayne" wrote in message
Be careful what you use with these cheap inverters. They don't produce

true sine wave and can damage some devices. I'd recommend removing the
battery from the laptop while powering it via a cheap inverter to prevent
damage to the battery. They have come a long way lately but I still don't
trust them.

Wayne

"MKB" wrote in message
thlink.net...
140W DC-to-AC Power Converter

http://www.radioshack.com/searchsku.asp?find=22-148

Use your notebook PC, small TV, stereo, fan or other house-current

device
in
your car. Vehicle's power-adapter outlet receives inverter, which

receives
device. Whether you're working in your car or going on a vacation, this
connverter will be enjoyable as well as useful!