Old August 31st 03, 09:36 PM
wired and confused

yea and how many airports are going to report this . Its not going to be
easy someone has to draw the data and send it to you. That will cost money
to cover that much area
"pr" wrote in message
ds.com...
Marty Ross ) wrote:

I'm curious -- why don't flight simulators include an option to show
real-time / real world traffic (now that these data are available)? The
MSFS "AI traffic" just isn't good enough to capture my interest...

It seems to me this would be a boon to flight simulation in terms of
"realness" and to collaborative simulations (such as VATSIM), where the
controllers could practice calling out "traffic" to pilots on a more
realistic scale...

Has anyone tried to do this? What's the status of this effort?

As was pointed out elsewhere, the main problem here (IMO) would be how to
integrate the sim flying with the real world air traffic movement,
especially the IFR traffic.

For example, if there is a busy arrival and departure period at an

airport,
how would your sim aircraft be intermixed with the real traffic activity?
If the SIM ATC provides you with a landing slot, what happens to all of
that real arriving traffic behind you that now needs to be delayed an

extra
three minutes? Suddenly the sim AI traffic no longer syncs with the real
air traffic. Then what?

Not trying to be negative. Just wondering...

--
Peter