Old January 19th 04, 04:52 PM
Gary Boggs

This is exactly why I think the Lark is a good and honest transition
trainer. Remember the 6 warning signs of a stall?

1. Stick back
2. Nose high
3. Low airspeed
4.Quiet
5.Mushy controls
6. Buffet

When our Lark spins, there isn't a real strong buffet but the rest of the
signs are definitely there and it's very important to learn them with an
instructor before moving up in performance. Stall, spin accidents continue
to be a big killer in our sport. 700' over the airport is no place to be
learning about the 6 warning signs! Miss the first three or four in
anything but a 2-33 and your friends and family may be very sad for a long
time.

Gary Boggs
3650 Airport Dr.
Hood River, Oregon, USA
97031-9613

"W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.)." wrote in message
The IS28 "Lark" has East European spinning characteristics - think Puchacz.

One moment you are thermalling, or just turning, the next moment you are
pointing at the ground and rotating, with seemingly no warning.

Happened to a pupil when I was in the back seat at 700ft. right over the
airfield, woke me up that did!

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.

"Jack" wrote in message

Fellow r.a.s.'ers:

Tell me about the Lark.

I don't yet know which model, but I hear that our club is about to acquire
one.

Should I be ecstatic, or concerned?

Jack