Old January 19th 04, 06:05 PM
Robert John

Ok, I'm a pedant (and no that doesn't mean I have an
unhealthy interest in kids!!). Maybe it's partly because
I'm English. (It used to be our language)--but look
Gary: A break is the process of getting something broken
and flair is a natural aptitude or skill.
The thing that slows you down is a brake and the thing
you do to avoid flying into the ground is a flare.
Rob

At 05:36 19 January 2004, Gary Boggs wrote:
remember, there's not much break. The more positive
flap you leave in, the
longer the tail stays steerable. I've found that most
people tend to let the speed bleed off before they

get
low enough as they approach the flair.