Old May 27th 05, 02:54 AM
Ken Kochanski (KK)

Default SeeYou to LX7000 Waypoint Task Files

I am just starting to use CU to create DA4 files to load into my LX7000
Pro.

If you look at the CU waypoint detail screen, some of the columns a

Name = Long Name
Style = 'airport', 'waypoint', etc.
Code = Short Name
Description = 'Airport' or blank

Which of these does the LX use to display AP/TP names ... I assume
short name (i.e. code).

How does it determine something is an airport vs a way/turnpoint ...
does it use style ... and are the terms 'airport' and 'waypoint' the
values the LX uses to identify record type.

If something is an AP, I assume it shows up in the airport list ... and
can all AP and TP records can be used to create a task on the LX.

Thx,

KK