Old September 7th 19, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default another crash

Charlie Quebec wrote on 9/6/2019 5:01 PM:
He felt that any headrest limits the movement of the head for lookout, particularly to the rear, not a matter of blocking the view as mush as limiting head movement.
He is possibly the most experienced instrauctor in the world, with 30,000 hours as a professional paid instructor, and winner of multiple world champs..
It’s been a pleasure flying with a real professional.

I understand he felt that way, but without knowing why he thought that way, or
hearing some specifics of his experiences, I will continue to use a headrest in my
glider. After all, the Schleicher designer (Martin Heide) said it was an important
safety improvement, and I've flown the glider for 25 seasons without vision
impairment. I'm not just making it up :^)