Old August 3rd 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CrossPoint

Default EUROCONTROL - General Aviation Survey 2007

On 3 Àâã, 17:13, Thomas Borchert wrote:
CrossPoint,

There are many risks one can face as a pilot or passenger
in the busy European skies.

There are? Care to provide numbers?

One of those is mid-air collision.

It is? Care to provide numbers?

Many
factors may cause it. A major one is airspace infringement.

Is it? I can't think of a single mid-air collision ANYWHERE IN THE
WORLD caused by airspace infringement. Can you?

I'm not convinced you are legit and acting on behalf of Eurocontrol.

bs detector going thru roof

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Dear All,

I will try to convince you that it is serious and important and to
answer some questions raised here.

First you may read more about the Airspace Infringement Initiative
he
http://www.eurocontrol.int/safety/pu...rigements.html

Second to check that everything is legit:
http://www.eurocontrol.int/safety/pu...GA_survey.html

The on-line questionnaire is part of General Aviation (GA) Survey 2007
project combining series of workshops with GA pilots taking place in
8-9 European countries, extensive consultations with ATM service
providers and Civil Aviation Authorities. I may say that this is just
a small part from the puzzle called Airspace Infringement (AI).

Finally it is not compulsory to participate but we still believe that
the individual pilots' opinion matters and this is why we do this on-
line questionnaire. We know that it might be subjective and therefore
we are going to analyse and integrate the results it very carefully
with the support of our sociology team.

I read some comments about the numbers of some questions. Well there
is an option Other where you may write whatever number you want based
on your professional experience.

As EUROCONTROL is European organisation therefore the main focus is on
European pilots but we will appreciate any other from USA or other
countries worldwide.

Vladimir Grigorov