Old September 10th 19, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Dust Devil Dash - Tehachapi on Saturday September 7th

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 5:57:12 AM UTC-7, Nick Kennedy wrote:
I downloaded and played on SeeYou TG's and 5Z's flights. Jeez those
guys are brave. And must really know the local area.

Nick, not really as scary or ballsy as you might think. :-)

In the next day or two I'll find time to write up a blow by blow description of my flight. Too bad my FauxPro camera failed before takeoff and I left it with the crew. Video would have been fun to watch. Anybody want to buy me a nice camera? Wife loves to crew and supports me 110%, but won't let me spend on more toys :-)

I had an airport or known good dry lake at all times except after the first glide out into the desert where I had the Honda track or Cantil fields in comfortable glide. Was down to 3200 MSL with a safe (for me) glide to Cantil with 7-800' AGL arrival to sort out an appropriate landing.

Tom 5Z