Old August 8th 05, 05:41 AM
bumper

The Schleicher canopy fits tightly with a convoluted type interface. Before
adding any weather-strip or seal, try this experiment to see if there's any
room to do so.

Take very small bits of modeling clay (plasticene) and place them on the
sealing surfaces. Close and then re-open the canopy to test the clearance.

On my 26e, there's no room at all for any weather-strip. In fact, the little
bits of clay used in the above test lifted the canopy ever so slightly above
the fuselage at the forward lip.

all the best,

bumper
"Bob Caldwell" wrote in message
After seeing the thread about the PIK canopies I wanted
to ask if anyone had taken any extra ordinary steps
to seal an ASW canopy. To date all I have done is
to put some sticky back foam at the front near the
demist vent. It is pretty good but I suspect it can
be better. I have heard that it helps to run the same
foam all way around the fuse in the depression along
the canopy opening. Thoughts????

Bob