Old August 25th 03, 06:24 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Walt BJ" wrote in message
. ..
Guess what we need is a definition of 'dynamic stalling'. Would that
be what I know as an 'accelerated stall'; i.e. one due to pulling too
many Gs for the plane's energy? When effected by an over-enthusiastic
pilot (ham-fisted plumber) some airplanes can depart (F4) while others
at certain speed regimes can dig in and overshoot desired G levels by
a sizeable margin (F4, transsonic)
Walt BJ

Not exactly Walt. Dynamic stall is directly associated with boundary layer
burst due to pitch rate coupled with amplitude, and additional factors
involving behavior at high angle of attack. It's a highly complicated
subject, and it goes much deeper than simple accelerated stall which is any
stall developed at 1 g.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/CFI