Old October 2nd 13, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Wave in Utah on September 30th

I would have become violently ill and had my wife rush to the office to pick
me up... (and rush me to the airport). ;-P

....And Steve, try ridge soaring those tall buildings in Kansas City!

I managed to scrape out a mere 80 miles yesterday with the clouds nastily
just out of my reach.

"Tim Taylor" wrote in message
Amazing wave yesterday, the best defined I have ever seen running for
several hundred miles north and south. I had to work and had to just look
at it from the ground.

Several gliders flew out of Morgan. 2KA covered 600 km with a launch
after 3 pm at 164 kph (102 mph). Hopefully we will get more days like
that soon. Congratulations to Lynn and York on fun flights.