Old February 11th 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.soaring
Mxsmanic

Default If all midair collisions were eliminated...

writes:

You have a monitor at your 9 and 3 oclock to turn your head to look
out the window??

No, I have a control that lets me swing the view in either direction. I
usually only look for traffic when it is pointed out to me or when I see
something on TCAS, since sim traffic is very light. And I fly a lot IFR, in
which case I can't see traffic, anyway.

I do look around more when flying a pattern, just for orientation rather than
for traffic.

WRONG. Did you read the NORDO part. I don't hear him talking on the
radio, how can I be situationally aware?

Do the best you can. Look for other traffic, and listen to the radio.

NORDO traffic nearby makes me very nervous.

Oh, I forgot, you don't have NORDO traffic on MSFS.

You can, but it's rare. Traffic in general tends to be light except at
important gatherings. It can get fairly busy at some airports. NORDO is not
allowed on the network I prefer, which is an easy way to get around the NORDO
issue (I disagree with it, but it's not my network).