Old June 12th 04, 08:34 PM
jls

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:55:33 -0700, "kage"
wrote:

Nonsense,

How could it POSSIBLY go through an annual when two struts need replacing
and had bent structure. Just WHO was the IA with the "Parker Pen?"

Uh.... do you suppose they were bent after the annual and during the
"incident" that caused the prop strike?

That's the way I read it, except that it is debatable whether there was a
prop strike since the wooden prop was not damaged. Most of those old
crankshafts have excessive runout from a myriad of circumstances, including
being dropped when out of the case or getting the prop slammed in the
hangar. I remember one that had .005" runout and they sent it off to have
it baked, which according to what I was told restored its memory and brought
it back to within .001" runout.

OTOH I've seen experimentals running right smoothly on an A-65 ( with
probably the same crankshaft Michael is running) with .010 runout.