Old October 5th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Backwash Causes Lift?

Tina wrote:
Of course, but the specific statement I wanted made clear had to do
with getting conservation of momentum from Newton's relationship
between force, mass, and acceleration. The OP claimed to be an
engineer, he was suggesting something I thought was unlikely and you
demonstrated that nicely.

Didn't he say he was an electronics engineer? Unless he's doing work on
electromechanical devices I can see how one can get rusty on dynamics.

I'm not sure questions regarding lift belong in a piloting group anyway.
Fluid dynamics is a particularly difficult subject because it is easy to
overlook things, such as: if a wing accelerates air downward, then
according to conservation of momentum some other mass must be accelerated
upward.