Old May 29th 10, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A Random Comment

On May 28, 9:47*pm, Dave wrote:

Full size pilots usually take LONGER to be comfortable *flying RC,
usually due to the lack of sensory inputs from stall, airspeed and
attitude indicators and their "butt". *The interpetation of speeds and
attitudes *all (and only) visually at a distance is difficult.

I have trained several to fly RC and there is some "unlearning"
involved.

And there are some that think that after several hundred hours in a
full size plane *this "toy" airplane should be a "no brainer" to
fly!...

BIG mistake!!

Yep, all the above applied to me. Fortunately my crash and burns
didn't require a second mortgage though part of the fun for me was the
construction.

What was even harder flying the durn thing was correlating control
inputs as mirror image when the plane was coming TOWARD me.