Old May 4th 12, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Default What to do with L-13?

On May 3, 11:06*am, Hartley Falbaum wrote:
On May 3, 10:19*am, Evan Ludeman wrote:

Giant scale RC.

"No sir, that's a *model* you saw flying last weekend. *Yes, indeed we
do tow it with an L-19 and we used to use it as a sailplane, but it's
just an RC model now. *Oh, the radio gear and servos go home with one
of the club members. *Yes, we've kept the *cockpit original for
realism and old time's sake. *No, of course I can't show you how the
servos hook up, that's proprietary to the guy that built them. *No,
absolutely we won't show you, this isn't a a civil aircraft any
longer, it's just a model. *No, my lawyer says we don't have to... you
don't have jurisdiction over models."

:-)

T8

Hmmmmm!
Does the FAA have jurisdiction over UAVs or is it DOD?

Civil UAV, FAA has jurisdiction, an airworthy certificate, redundant
controls are currently required.
An RC private modeler? The AMA has recommend guidelines, that the FAA
accepts.
And FAA or I should say Homeland Security, still grounds RC models
with TFRs.