Old June 6th 21, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Tow plane ideas

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 7:12:32 AM UTC-7, bumper wrote:
On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:11:38 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
What about the Pipistrel Virus?
https://www.pipistrel-aircraft.com/a...-121/#tab-id-3
Tom

With 100 hp, and no turbo, it'll be a long, slow slog at higher altitude airports.

Surprised no one has mentioned the Husky. With 180 hp, I've towed single place out of Minden no problem, a 2 place with "full size" pilots is doable but unimpressive compared to the Pawnee. I've only done that once to rescue a friend's land-out.

bumper

A lot of airports in the US are near sea level - only the western US high deserts have high altitude airports.

Tom