Old June 12th 21, 01:08 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross[_3_] View Post
If you want a cool tow plane, not cheap, but way cool, try one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X0YqA8byOg
Wow, only about 1.5 to 2 million and you're off to the races, if you can find a helicopter pilot crazy enough to do this. That being said and having hung out with helicopter pilots for the last few years I can tell you that there are many crazy enough to do it. Insurance company is going to have a fit though, boxing the wake would be very interesting. Low tow is the way to go here but as a former Pawnee tow pilot with 7000 tows and currently flying helicopters myself I can see a lot of potential for problems. 1. Each tow would probably cost 500 to 750 dollars and that would eliminate discussion of all other problems. IF Mihai wants to buy a Hughs 500 I'd be willing to give it a try, NOT.

Walt Connelly
Former tow pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot