Old May 2nd 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Default Nevada governor to bill Fossett widow for search expenses

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=90982

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) - Gov. Jim Gibbons intends to bill the widow of
missing multimillionaire adventurer Steve Fossett for $687,000 the state
spent in searching for the famed aviator last fall, a spokesman said.

Jeez. Ain't it enough she lost her husband?
Worse than that, she'll probably never know how,when or why without closure.
In my experience that sets folks up for some special kinda suffering.

Sure Fossett was wealthy but is my wife gonna get a bill for SAR if I bail in
the hills?

Joe Bob don't like it...nope not one little bit.