Old May 20th 18, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Libelle

Yeah hello all I'm the Brian Hutchinson that bid on the Libelle mentioned here. Found out at least supposedly that the tail boom had been sheared off. Damage history. I didn't follow through with purchase as such. Not because I wouldn't fly the ship with a professional repair having been conducted but because it seemed that was a deal breaker for most people. I understand that the soaring community is relatively small and that particular planes are more well known than the pilot that flies them. For anyone who cares I'm 32 and want severely to fly sailplanes. I am very low income and have been looking for planes to "flip" where I can then use any profit to fund training. It's pretty hard where I live to get a job and cost of living is one of the highest in California or the United States for that matter. I've seen discussions where in there was a back and forth on the costs of Soaring with some adamant that soaring is expensive and a rich mans sport while others confirm that the costs can be reasonable and on par with many other recreational activities. Not to get into symantics of cost of soaring or owning ones now sailplane all of you that want soaring as a status symbol you're safe with me don't worry... As for my desire to own a sailplane as a instrument to enjoy flying with Ive since found another Libelle for an even better price than the one I won the auction for on eBay but sadly it seems to have been also involved in an accident. I'm however going into extensive research in an attempt to determine airworthiness and if the ship can be determined as airworthy I'm not going to be "flipping" it unless it's while I'm flying the ship. And well there called loops and rolls not flips.