Old October 20th 15, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Auto-Towing - why is this not more popular?

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:45:02 -0700, Frank Whiteley wrote:

Ah yes, site checks, the standard at many UK sites and other places.
Perhaps the most interesting for me was at the old Lleweni Parc. 75kts
on final to land up hill, stopping at the launch point. Alas, on
visiting their web site, now gliders and pilots must now keep off the
grass, so there is a tarmac runway and landing gliders must roll to the
end to clear the runway.

The most interesting site I've flown from is Eden Soaring, which is winch
launch only, and the only site I've flown so far where a site
familiarisation walk round the field is mandatory on your first visit.
The photos here show the field's special features:

http://edensoaring.co.uk/page/?walkaroundthefield

Would I fly there again? In a flash!

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie