Old August 30th 09, 10:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mark

Default reynolds number

On Aug 29, 11:42*pm, Jerry Wass wrote:
Fred the Red Shirt wrote: *Sorry, Google won't let me post this as a follow-up.

In the broadest sense, the reynolds number is a measure of the
degree of turbulence. * A low reynolds number corresponds to
laminar flow while a high reynolds number corresponds to turbulent
flow. *However, as turbulence is fundamentally a chaotic
phenomenon, it is possible to maintain laminar flow at a higher
reynolds number until a perturbation initiates the turbulence.

The reynolds number is important for determining boundary layer
separation, drag and convective heat transfer coefficients.

If Reynolds is a woman, I'd like to have her number too..

(770)-226-9636