Old March 23rd 21, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

Default The latest glider covers?

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:12:41 AM UTC-7, Mark Mocho wrote:
What, specifically is "just awful" about using outdoor covers in a hangar? Will harm come to
the glider?

The "awful" part is, as usual, disagreeing with certain opinions on RAS.

I have a set of what I think are Kerry Covers on my ship. They came with the glider when I bought it. I think they were first bought about 5-6 years ago and have been used on the glider everyday ever since (The glider is tied out all year). Conditions are Mojave Desert so lots of sunlight, heat, cold, wind, you name it. They are still in great shape! However, the little plastic tabs used for bungie attachment points are getting brittle and starting to crack. Every time I touch the covers I get covered in white dust so they are starting to deteriorate a little. They are also a little tight of a fit. Other than that they are great and still in great overall shape and could probably still be used for a few more years. That said, I have a order placed for some clouddancers to replace them.