Old August 11th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default New Garmin combined radio and GPS

More_Flaps wrote:
On Aug 12, 9:23 am, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
More_Flaps wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the new Garmin radio/gps combo works well in a
cockpit? It looks like a very useful bit of kit for emergency use and
it's a good price but I'd like to know if the built in antenna would
work well in a cockpit.
Cheers

Which Garmin would that be? They make several products.

The Rino series, but my question is more about how well built in GPS
antennas work in the cockpit.

Cheers

Depends on the cockpit. I played with one of the 120 a couple of months
back and the GPS was on par with any of the other non-aviation handheld
Garmin makes.