Old August 12th 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default New Garmin combined radio and GPS

Marco Leon wrote:
"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...

Well they make many items that could be considered radio/gps combos,
including the 496, 396, 430, and 530 and I'd have to answer that yes those
work well in airplanes.

Yeah, I kind of made a couple of assumptions the 1) that he was referring
to a portable unit and 2) that "radio" meant "transceiver." Who knows, maybe
he saw a 430/530 WAAS ad for the first time.

Marco

Marco, considering who the OP was it wouldn't surprise me in the least
if he had never seen an ad for a 430.