Old March 3rd 05, 08:05 PM
Steve Hill

Todd P. Wrote: "Forward slips to either side are not skids. In a typical
left pattern, this would be left rudder and right
aileron/wing down on base. "

Just checking...but do you mean that in a left pattern, you reccomend
turning to the left, then rolling the aircraft into a slip the opposite
direction?? If you do, I think that is wrong. I fly most of my patterns with
a more rounded base and final and if I were in a left pattern, slipping in
a turn to final to the left, the rudder would be nearly neutral or slightly
biased to the right, and the left wing would be down...Opposite of what you
wrote...

Am I confused here..??

Steve.