Old September 28th 05, 02:17 PM
Dave Butler

Mike wrote:
I am somewhat new to flying and considering buying an airplane. But
with all the ADs/SBs/etc. out for all kinds of airplanes, I was
wondering if there is somewhere online I could go plug in the type of
airplane - C182, and serial number - 18281234 and get a list of all
outstanding ADs/SBs/etc that the airplane is subject to.

Any info available like this? I would sure hate to buy something only
find it wouldn't be flyable without big bucks being sunk into it first.

Ask your nearest A&P/IA. They have software for finding this kind of information
so that they can properly inspect for compliance. The software is probably more
expensive than you want to pay for your purposes, but you can probably find a
friendly IA who will look some things up for you or let you use his software.