Old July 28th 09, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default xcsoar

Hi,

I sell a very popular cable for connecting a Socket Mobile Power Pack to an
iPAQ 310. You can see details he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/godda...mini-USB-Pwr-1

I also sell one for use with the Goddard PS-5a 12V to 5V power converter.
It has also been quite popular.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/goddard.htm#I310-PS5a-1

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Bryce" wrote in message
On Jul 27, 9:47 pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
On Jul 27, 8:12 pm, Adam wrote:

On Jul 26, 1:46 pm, "
wrote:

just revisited this software in its current version 5.2

Have to say this software has really matured and I was most impressed
with it whilst flying with it yesterday.

I particularly liked the custom terrain and waypoint downloading when
setting it up.

Check outhttp://xcsoar.org

Cheers

Al

I've been using it for 2 years now and like it a lot.

However, with my latest install (5.2.2?) in a newer pocket PC, I
cannot get the wind alorithm to work (ie, perform the calculation and
show me the vector based on circling drift, it always read "0").

Ideas on that??

/Adam

Page 5 "Glide Computer" ... is you're 'Auto wind' set to "Both"? The
options a
Manual
Circling
ZigZag
Both

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

For you guys looking for a cable solution for the PNA's..........Make
one out of a simle car cell phone charger. It steps 12V down to 5V
for most cell phones. For club ships we have a small gel cell comitted
to the PNA that get's moved between gliders.

XCSoar Rocks! I've had it on Ipaq's, a MIO Moov (that got stolen), and
now a teletype 7060 with a 7" screen. I am convinced however that the
HP310 is the way to go, and it's great help to have the PNA on a
ground retrieve too.

We're all looking forward to the OLC problem getting worked out!!