Old July 21st 04, 05:38 AM
Dude

wrote in message ...

Dude wrote:

Let me add that the bizjet guys get WHATEVER they want at these FBO's.

I am NOT kidding. If they complain about piston traffic, it will be

noted,
and something may change. Some FBO's simply give these guys whatever

they
want, Period. I have heard it from the FBO and airport managers that I

talk
to.

One comment was that the biz jet crowd did not want any "looky lou's"

around
as they came and went. This FBO leased the surrounding land to keep

other
business from being too close, as well as started to harrass one of

their
tenants, a flight school, about the foot traffic on the ramp. The

school
was locked out in an attempt to get them to leave their lease.

I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday. Sure, the biz jet crowd

wants a
nice, upscale FBO. So, isn't that the American Way? Also, if the airport

has
any federal grant money in it, the fair use conditions are beyond the

control of
the airport manager.

Ya, right. Lets's see. You can't get a hangar, you can't get a tie down,
your parking area at the FBO is over Yonder, yes sir, we have avgas at $4.50
a gallon, shall we top it off for you? Yes, well since the flight school
was closed due to noise complaints, we don't sell much avgas, so we charge a
lot for the few folks left becuase the truck still costs the same. Yes sir,
the field on the other side of town does have it for half that price, I
tell everyone they should buy it there.

Fair use my ...

Don't depend on that to support you.

My home field, KCRQ, was extensive light aircraft and biz jet operations.

In
fact, it also has several commuter flights a day. It all seems to work

quite
well and has for many years.

I am happy for you, I will try to talk my wife into moving so we can join
you. Seriously, I know lots of airports just like that, but I also know
many others where the fights are just beginning to boil. I think the stakes
are higher near metro areas where land is more valuable.

I will concede that the primary noise complaints come from light aircraft

pilots
who fail to maintain altitude on downwind leg, something the biz jet

pilots
avoid doing.

You may be correct, I always thought it was the amount of time they spent
overhead. You can't hear a piston plane inside your house, but even when you
can here a jet inside, its quick. Sometimes a small plane can buzz around
for a while getting a picture or something, and even bother me.