Old October 6th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Backwash Causes Lift?

Le Chaud Lapin wrote in
ups.com:

On Oct 6, 2:51 pm, wrote:
On Oct 6, 1:32 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

I have read some texts:

1. Jeppesen got it wrong.
2. Rod Machado got it wrong.
3. That link that with the funny color lines that was posted in

this
thread got it wrong.
4. If you do search in Google for "Bernoulli" + "faster" + wing +
lift, you will see 1000's of pages that got it wrong.

All wrong, according to you. There's no point pointing out
any others. They'll be wrong, too.

Plus I watched 3 CFI's at my ground school, the one I paid money to
teach me the theory of flying, get it wrong at the whiteboard.

Rather common, distressingly. However, he may have had it
right; you have just determined that EVERYONE but you is wrong.

It wasn't just one. It was 3. My instructor, plus 2 others. They said
the thing that the NASA paper is calling "a myth". Who is right? The
NASA author or the CFI's?

And of course, if the NASA paper is true, then there are even

people
in this group who got it wrong.

Until 3 days ago, the number of people who had gotten (partially)
right was 1. The number of stories I had heard from people who got

it
wrong was probably about 60-70.

After reading the link that Jim Logajan posted, the number of

people
who are saying it's one way is 2. The number of people who are

saying
it is the exact opposite is still 60-70.

Which textbooks would you believe if you had read 1 saying one

thing,
and more than 10 others saying the exact opposite?

Does truth in physics depend on a democratic vote?

That's what I am asking...

After reading 60-70 that says one thing, and seeing 2 others that says
the exact opposite, and it just happen to be that the 2 are the ones
that you personally agree with, which would you believe? The 60-70?
The 2? Flip a coin?

You don't fly and you never wil, therefore it doesn't matter.

Bertie