Old February 20th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Flying on the Cheap - Instruments

wrote)
Trust me here, you really do need the GPS, and once you have it you can
toss about a thousand bucks worth of steam gauges in the trash. But if
you have a seriously bad day, you'll still need to get the bird home.
That's where the car compass and altimeter comes in handy. And like I
said, you've already got a clock.

My 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan has a digital readout (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W,
NW) compass and an extremely accurate digital OAT thermometer - in a console
above the windshield.

The real-time fuel burn (mpg) is fun to watch while driving - if I select
that mode.

How does my minivan's compass work?

Montblack