Old July 19th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default McCain in '08

Owen Hiller wrote:
gatt wrote:

"Owen Hiller" wrote in message

If you're trying to corner my into defending John Kerry's politics or
something, you're barking up the wrong tree.

I am not. You wrote that the vietnam veterans who were criticizing
Kerry's story just happened to come out at the election time, therefore
they only had political motivations. I just pointed out that it was
Kerry who brought up Vietnam

Ah. And what was SWIFT BOAT VETERANS FOR TRUTH doing before Kerry brought
up his Swift Boat story? Were they out dutifully purging society of swift
boat frauds?

What "frauds" are you referring to? Please describe. And who was using said frauds
you allege to obtain higher office?

A moment ago you were claiming that 'someone' was attempting to diminish
Congressman Murtha's past service and sacrifices,

A W F E R P E T E S A K E ! ! !
http://www.cnsnews.com/SpecialReport...20060113a.html

"Murtha's War Hero Status Called Into Question"

Not good enough? ANN COULTER! http://mediamatters.org/items/200512020002

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor...-_b_24751.html

If you need to resort to name calling, go right ahead.

It might come down to that if you can't accept facts. If you would like,
I'll find several posts demonstrating that there's a war on in the middle
east and other current events covered all over the mainstream media.

Hey, I wasn't the one who couldn't figure out why the swift boat veterans would want
to rebut claims AFTER they were made Ann Coulter makes a living by making
outrageous statements, so what? Huffington is a liberal axe-grinder, hardly an
unbiased source either. And as for your moderate voice article, you did note the
word "apoligize," right?

The bottom line is that the SBV"t" attacked Kerry's service in Vietnam
in a manner that could be described as dishonest. The fact is that the
overwhelming majority of guys who were with Kerry (on his boat) or near
Kerry (on other boats) in combat, have no problem with Kerry's medals
and/or service in Vietnam.

The SBV"t" misrepresented the facts. They omitted facts when it suited
then, and they spun wildly.

Actually, describing it as dishonest would be an understatement.

Doug Reese

:-)