Old January 27th 20, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Russia AC-4 Series

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 3:26:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:
They discontinued the yahoo group for AC-4 gliders late last year (2019). I have a question about the BRS (parachute/rocket) in our AC-4B. It is nearing the end of its 24 year service life, and I'm wondering it it is a "requirement" to keep it in the glider, or whether we could just remove it and fly without. Obviously we can, the question is whether it is required to be in the glider for the IA to pass it during an annual. Does anyone have experience with this situation? The IA we are using doesn't seem to think he can pass it if the parachute isn't installed and up-to-date.

Thanks,

Stephen

It may not be too late - got this from Yahoo Groups Jan 10th. I've migrated my groups. It might be worth an e-mail, particularly if you know who the group owner was. Even if not, if you push the flight safety aspect of the information, you might get lucky. It's just an e-mail....

"Hi Yahoo Member,

In recent weeks, we communicated the latest changes to Yahoo Groups and explained how to request a download of any content you’ve previously posted to the platform. Some Groups users asked us for more time, and in response to these requests, we have decided to extend the deadline. Groups users now have until Friday, January 31, 2020 at 11:59pm PST to submit a request for their data.

We have now taken down all user content from the Yahoo Groups website. However, we will continue to accept users’ requests for their data until January 31, 2020, and will ensure these have been fulfilled prior to deleting the data.

For additional support, users can email and our team will troubleshoot any issues."