Old April 13th 17, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Russia AC-4 Series

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 2:06:54 PM UTC-4, John Smith wrote:
On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 5:40:51 AM UTC-7, Discus 44 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 9:44:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
That's me. Vermont, not Maine :-)

Fun to fly, and I do plenty of XC in it, albeit more slowly than the bigger ships. With a chute plus proper fitting and padding, I find the seat comfortable enough for 5+ hours. I've had several 300km flights in it the way OLC counts, but am still trying for a 300km pre-declared triangle. I do get locked out of XC on days with lowish tops and widely spaced thermals, while the 15-18m ships keep on going.

Sorry Moshe. I forgot it is in Vermont. Have good flights this season..

Any advice for an upstart? I recently purchased #034 (AC-4C) and have been doing upgrades, FLARM, LXNav S100, Disk Brake, wet sand, and general cleanup. Low time solo student, haven't flown it yet, but soon very soon.

Wondering about landing and handling, stall, spins, etc. etc. any points to be concern with when going XC? Suggested Padding, rigging?

Your time is appreciated.

John Smith