Old June 16th 05, 04:16 PM
John Wier

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:08:38 -0500, Darrel Toepfer
wrote:

John Wier wrote:

I bought one of Bob Archers antenna's from ACS, and it's nothing but
flat aluminum sheet cut to some wierd shape. So we can save that money
by just putting foil on a plain old whip antenna. Is it possible to
have one small antenna for transmissions and another with foil for
receiption? Using a splitter of sorts?

Toggle switch? If everybody had Escort II's like Ron and me, that
wouldn't be an issue as they support 2 antennas right out the box...

I've saved all of my gum wrappers since I started chewing. If there a
simple method of joining them together conductively? And is trimming it
as simple as just folding it or should I wack it?

Toggle switch! great idea! Don't bother with those gum wrappers, that
foil is cheap in the grocery store. Heck, I'll send you some if need
be.