Old October 13th 20, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 at 03:16:45 UTC+1, wrote:
I have been treated with dexamethasone on 5 occasions for asthma and bronchitis related illness when I was much younger. Was never given supplementary O2 or on a ventilator when being treated with this drug.

This drug is cheap and very commonly used for many issues. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative.

It's not my narrative, as I'm not a doctor.

The links I gave are about research and conclusions and recommendations from all around the world, including about usage of dexamethasone with Covid, which clearly the same thing as asthma.

Some of these treatments are about suppressing the body's immune system overreacting at the wrong time, so they might not be quite as useful if deployed at other times, such as before it does so.

But of course that's just boring detail for people who want a simplistic solution in a minute or two, and can't be arsed to read a bit further.