Old March 26th 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.student

Default Fifth European Conference on Space Debris

On Mar 25, 5:21*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Bluuuue Rajah Bluuuuue@Rajah. wrote:
Fifth European Conference on Space Debris

Thanks for the notice! As a student pilot I will try to avoid space debris!
If I am on collision course with a bit of debris, I should turn right,
right?

(I have no idea why the poster thought it appropriate to cross-post the OP
to rec.aviation.student group - unless it was to create segues for bad
jokes? In that case

Dr. Daystrom: "The first four European conferences on Space Debris were not
entirely successful, however EUCSD 5 will be. You see, one of the arguments
against computers controlling ships was that they couldn't think like men..
Well, I've developed a method of impressing the engrams of a mind upon
computer circuits. The relays are not unlike the synapse of the brain...."

"Basic Flying Rules. Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near
the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance
of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more
difficult to fly there."

"...the skycatcher simply got in the way!".

"Men need no longer die in the cold reaches of interatmospheric
space!"

Nicely done Jim.