Old January 6th 15, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Refinish gone yellow?

On Monday, January 5, 2015 2:16:45 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I recently looked at a glider that had been refinished by Dave Nelson in 2001/2002. It has been in it's trailer, and hangar for the last 2 years and not flown. It is located in Texas. In the dim hangar lights, the finish seemed a very faint yellow. Could of been all the dust... It was glass smooth, with no cracks or crazing, but when I used a flashlight, in the dim light, it "seemed" slightly yellow. I live in AZ, and have been told that once I moved it to a hot dry climate, it would "perk" up and whiten up.. Any further thoughts on this?

Thanks

As mentioned, it may come up with a good polish, I've seen "brownish" finishes come up nicely with a good machine polish.
If it's not crazed, it's likely fine. Remember, "the air doesn't see the finish color......"

Incandescent lights tend to cast a yellowish light, seeing it in sunlight will show any real flaws, or show better finishes.