Old August 21st 04, 07:58 AM
Dave Kearton

"tgueguen" wrote in message
news:E6CVc.160454$M95.150375@pd7tw1no...

| "u don't have to know" wrote in message
| What happen to obsolete weapons as AIM-7 Sparrow which have been
replaced
| by
| AIM-120 ?
| Destroyed or stored ?
|
| Generally they're used up if still useable, scrapped if past their useable
| life.
|
| tim gueguen 101867

A few years ago, I did some work at a military proof range in my state.

The 76mm Saladin turret had just been declared obsolete and the ammo was to
be destroyed.

The option of making piles of the stuff and blowing them up, was too risky.
So for the next 3 days, every 12 seconds, they'd fire off a round.

As much fun as that sounds, it's gotta get old after 3 days .....

Boom

Boom

Boom

--