Old February 5th 04, 05:11 PM
Michael Stringfellow

Default Cross-Country Definition (USA)

In filling out my FAA form for my USA pilot's certificate, I note that they
have spaces for not only total hours and number of flights but also
cross-country flight time. The only problem is that the Federal Aviation
Regulations (FARs) do not appear to define cross-country flying as it
applies to gliders. Local FAA gurus were unable to offer any other
definition than the one applicable to airplanes, which requires a landing at
a remote airfield.

Can any other US pilots throw light on this?

It might also be interesting to hear from Europeans what their official
definitions are.

Mike

ASW 20 WA