Old September 21st 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Flying in Mexico?

On Sep 21, 2:06 pm, Judah wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:1190394485.237615.158800
@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

On Sep 21, 8:46 am, Resser wrote:
I'm taking a holiday in Mexico, near Acapulco, around Christmas, and was
interested in doing some flying whilst there. I've located a GA airport
nearby and was wondering if anyone knew the deal renting?
I'm a PPL from Europe...

TIA

Personally, I've never seen rental planes in Mexico. Most GA planes
down there have N numbers and are owned by Americans.

Or have no numbers and are not owned by anyone, according to the records.

Where have you seen that? All fields in Mexico have heavy military
presence, it would be very, very difficult to have an unauthorized
aircraft in Mexico. Even when you land at remote dirt strips you are
always greeted by the military. My plane is much safer in Mexico than
in AZ (statistically).

-Robert