Old August 8th 03, 02:38 PM
Jim

as long as he's at least a PPL, rated in category and type, current,
including medical, endorsed and is required for the flight he may log PIC
time. He doesn't have to be an ATP or CFI or God. Mere mortals can
qualify.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"Andrew Koenig" wrote in message
Robert In what respect do they differ? If it is my airplane and I am
Robert the pilot flying with a hood on, I tell the safety pilot that
Robert I am the PIC and I log PIC on two accounts. First I am the
Robert sole manipulator of the controls and second because I AM the
Robert PIC. He logs SIC. Second case, I am the pilot flying and I
Robert tell the safety pilot that he is the PIC for the flight. I log
Robert PIC since I am the sole manipulator of the controls AND he
Robert logs PIC because he really is the PIC. See my original
Robert statement.

You're certainly right when you're talking about yourself because you
have CFI and ATP certificates. But I still remember reading
somewhere, probably in AOPA Pilot, that for rest of us mere mortals,
only the sole manipulator of the controls can log PIC.

--
Andrew Koenig,