Old August 9th 03, 11:34 AM
Matthew Waugh

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
There is no regulatory requirement that you be able to act as PIC....
(iii) Except for a recreational pilot, is acting as pilot in command of an
aircraft on which more than one pilot is required under the type
certification of the aircraft or the regulations under which the flight is
conducted.

What part of that is not clear to you? To log PIC as a safety pilot
(required crewmember) you must be "acting" as PIC and acting as PIC requires
a myriad of requirements, but in this case I refer you to 61.31 where the
phrase "act as PIC" is used extensively.

You keep saying "point me to the regulation" when you already quoted the
regulation.

Mat

--
Matthew Waugh