Old August 10th 03, 05:40 AM
Robert Perkins

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:18:50 -0500, "Highfllyer"
wrote:

Yah. That "more than" removed a lot of planes from the high
performance category.

I always thought it interesting that my current Stinson Reliant, that
cruises at 100 knots on 300HP, is officially a "high performance" while my
old straight 35 Bonanza with its E185 185 horsepower engine and controllable
pitch prop that cruised at 160 knots was NOT "high performance."

I was told the high performance regs had more to do with left turning
tendencies, dangerous on the runway during takeoff for example, than
they did with cruising speeds.

Rob