Old August 16th 03, 06:36 PM
Simon

Acting as pilot in command is the situation where the pilot is (in his or
her mind) the pilot in command. Logging is independant of acting, you are
correct, in the USA there is a tenuous relationship betwee the two. Serving
as pilot in command does not apply to part 91 operations, as I mentioned in
the relevant post. It is a concept used in air carrier regulatory parts, and
may include time serving as (rated but not yet fully qualified) pic (as in
incomplete IOE) when someone else, such as an IOE check airman, is THE pic,
and this time applies to things like high minimums. That is a very short
summary and does not include the exceptions, wherefores, herinafters,
limited to's, and so on. I include it because it provides a more complete
picture of the concepts discussed.

Fly safe

Simon
AWP-FSDO-SDL