Old September 1st 03, 08:30 PM
Wayne

Since the airspeed indicator (pitot tube) is pointed the same as the
wing, then "indicated airspeed" does mean something. For instance, if you
were to put the wing at a 90 degree AOA to the relative wind, then the
airspeed would also read nothing or almost nothing correct?

So I agree that airspeed doesn't matter, but indicated airspeed does.

Wayne

Remove "bra" and "panties" to reply

Airspeed alone means nothing with regard to when or whether the
airplane will stall. We need to think in terms of airspeed AND G-load
-- these are the two parameters that will give us a clue as to our
margin to the stall, or whether or not we are moving closer to, or
farther from, critical angle of attack