Old September 4th 20, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default COBRA Anti-Sway Coupler

Jonathan St. Cloud wrote on 9/4/2020 8:43 AM:
Most modern trailers are exempt from the 80 km/h limitation and are allowed to go 100 km/h. Still not the speed some 18-wheelers do here but a big improvement for the German Autobahn.

Uli
'AS'

100 kph is 62 mph - pretty slow by US standards (but not California which has a 55 mph speed limit while towing that nobody obeys).

Tom

I have lived in California for 35 years. I am unaware of this "I can't drive 55" while towing law/suggestion.

It's "can't drive OVER 55", it's not a suggestion, it's been the law for decades,
and is on every highway speed sign where the . A friend of my wife paid a $150+
fine for violating it. It is surprising you aren't aware of this - perhaps you do
not tow anything? Search for "California speed limits" and you find this:

55 mph: Unless otherwise posted, the maximum speed limit is 55 mph on two-lane
undivided highways and for vehicles towing trailers.

SafeMotorist.com