Old July 16th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Grading work at Harris Ranch, CA??

On Jul 16, 2:04 am, "Hilton" wrote:
Robert,

I flew in there a week or so ago and it did look different. I didn't pay
too much attention (various reasons), but I do recall the area where the old
taxiway used to be (between the runway and Hwy 5) appeared to be 'prepared',
lighter brown. Having said that, I didn't see any signs of any taxiway
preperation and it sure didn't seem to be a place that semi's would park. I
cannot see how it makes sense financially to put down a taxiway. Of course,
the land 32, takeoff 14 and backtaxi options might not suit the larger
aircraft and then it might make sense. Thinking about it a little more, it
probably makes more sense to put a new taxiway on the east side of the
runway.

Its funny to me that so many people talk about Harris Ranch as a tiny
runway. I've often been asked if its paved! Gees, its a first class
airport with regular King Air traffic. The runway is 2 to 3 times the
required length for most of us. However, I'm not sure why they would
grade both sides of the runway to put in a taxiway. I'm not a
construction guy, maybe this is all just for runoff?

-Robret