Old August 13th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Any details on the Uvalde mid-air / bailout?

On Aug 12, 8:03 pm, wrote:
Any report on damage to the Ventus? I would imagine it must have
received substantial damage too.

7U successfully returned to the Uvalde airport. I haven't heard any
exact reports about that part of the accident. I do know that the
Ventus' left winglet was gone.

It is not a good idea to make statements that you have not verified.
Right now it is not great to speculate until more details are
available.

And even though you "know the winglet was gone" I saw it on the glider
when I landed after the contest day. I examined it from about 6
inches so I can tell you it was there. So let's leave the speculation
and hearsay out of the discussion unless you have specific facts or
better yet a copy of both igc files and the final FAA report.

Tim (TT)