Old May 13th 05, 05:24 PM
George Patterson

Gary Drescher wrote:

If the government explicitly says "I promise you immunity from sanctions if
you meet conditions A, B, C", and you go ahead and meet conditions A, B, C,
then the government can't turn around and say "But wait! We've also decided
that there's an exception unless you also meet condition D, so we're going
ahead and imposing sanctions".

Of course it can.

That would just be a blatant violation of the
stated promise; if they could get away with that, then immunity promises
would be meaningless.

So?

And as I pointed out, our legal system depends heavily
on the integrity of immunity promises.

This is not our legal system. This is the TSA giving orders to the FAA.

George Patterson
"Naked" means you ain't got no clothes on; "nekkid" means you ain't got
no clothes on - and are up to somethin'.